What we’re looking for:
- A passion for fashion and wellness
- An organized and structured thinker who can coordinate complex projects
- An exceptional attitude and drive to succeed as well as the ability to wear many hats
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support Production Manager in initial & final costing and creating production charts: cost sheet, projection chart, WIP, final breakdowns, and other production related documents.
- Execute seasonal bulk fabric and trim buy for domestic factories.
- Work with fabric and trim vendors for receiving and approving bulk cuts on time.
- Prepare fabric/trim packages for distribution to domestic factories.
• Liaise with marking and grading companies.
- Work on seasonal quality control process for the styles produced in NY and conduct regular visits to NY factories for routine status checks.
- Create and order all production care labels, hangtags, and polybag stickers.
- Maintain trim & fabric inventory chart at the end of each season.
- Enter and update initial and final cost, and final POs in RLM.
- Work with brokers on getting HTS codes.
- Spec SMS & PPS and assist in all production fittings by taking fit comments, photos, and follow up with factories for receiving PPS on time.
- Work closely with design team for collecting all trim and fabric information for pre-costing.
- Order office supplies for production/design team
Background and experience:
1-2 years of related experience in the apparel industry
Strong organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
Must be proficient in MS office
Basic understanding of garment construction as well as technical knowledge of production is required
Knowledge of domestic production is a plus
Knowledge of RLM is a plus
This position is based in NEW YORK. Immediate availability is preferred. If you think you have what it takes, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Production Assistant in the subject line.
Compensation and perks:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and location
- Free Alala activewear
- Opportunity to work with a nimble, motivated team with proven success in the fastest growing sector of women’s apparel