PART-TIME DESIGN ASSISTANT, NYC
The Part Time Design Assistant work directly with the Design Director assisting in all areas of product development. This person will play a vital role in the day-to-day development process.
We are a small woman-led, women-run team dedicated to making beautiful functional athleisure, engaging in meaningful moments, and inspiring women everywhere in the idea that they can have and do it all. We are based in NYC. However, at the moment our entire team is working virtually. While we aren’t together physically, our team is always supportive and encouraging of one another, which cultivates a positive environment!
- Garment review and specing
- Transfer hand sketches to CAD sketches
- Assist in managing tech packs
- Document fit comments and take detailed notes during fittings
- Sample pick ups and deliveries in NYC Garment District
What We're Looking For:
- General knowledge of apparel development process.
- Strong Adobe Illustrator & Microsoft Office skills. Photoshop is a plus.
- Good grasp on the technical aspect of construction, fit, and standard specs.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Well organized with a great attention to detail.
- Strong time management, ability to prioritize multiple deadlines
- 1-2 years of design experience or internship
- High proficiency in email, Adobe Ilustrator & Microsoft Excel
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work within time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Eye for detail and construction
Immediate availability is preferred.
If you think you have what it takes, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Design Assistant" in the subject line.
RETURN TO CAREERS