GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN (SPRING/SUMMER 2021)
We’re looking for a Design Intern to join our Creative + Marketing team for Spring/Summer 2021. You’ll work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to concept, design, and create compelling marketing assets that support our content calendar, uphold our brand identity, and connect with our audience. This role would also include light photo editing and retouching as well as an opportunity to contribute to social strategy brainstorm sessions and assisting the Lead Graphic Designer on photoshoots. Our ideal candidate will use their design talent to support Alala in building engaging moments and meaningful connections with our consumer. You will be mentored by, and work directly alongside our Lead Graphic Designer. During this internship, you will be a part of our family and will have accessibility to free athleisure.
We are a small woman-led, women-run team dedicated to making beautiful functional athleisure, engaging in meaningful moments, and inspiring women everywhere in the idea that they can have and do it all. We are based in NYC. However, at the moment our entire team is working virtually. While we aren’t together physically, our team is always supportive and encouraging of one another, which cultivates a positive environment!
- Work virtually with availability for in-person opportunities.
- Proactively suggest strategies, content, and creative concepts to your manager to bring your unique perspective to the brand.
- Concept and design organic Instagram stories and email newsletters that correlate to our content calendar that adhere to Alala’s brand identity.
- Light photo editing and retouching of ecomm and campaign imagery.
- Assist your manager with social content on photoshoots.
- Organizing files and archive management.
- Must have a positive attitude with a team-player mindset.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple projects.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Suite.
- Must have experience with photo light editing.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, and market trends.
- File organization such as our brand's digital folder organization and email design archive.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Currently enrolled in a university and eligible to receive school credit
- Pursuing a degree in one of the related fields: Design, Communications, Marketing, or Advertising.
- Has a laptop and can work virtually.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign with a working knowledge of AfterEffects, Premiere, and Google suite.
- Possess a portfolio that demonstrates a broad range of design knowledge and skills.
- Availability for 10+ hours a week, can be flexible with academic schedule and hours needed for credit.
- Prior internship experience preferred.
Immediate availability is preferred. If you think you have what it takes, please send a cover letter, portfolio link, and resume to email@example.com with "Graphic Design Intern" in the subject line.