The key to dressing well is knowing (and loving) your body shape. By determining your silhouette, you can choose athleisure styles that makes you look and feel amazing. In this post, we’ll define some body shapes and the best workout tight trends to complement them.
What Body Shape Are You?
There are four main body shapes: Inverted triangle, triangle, hourglass, and rectangle.
Not sure which one you are? Below are a few ways to identify the shape that best describes you.
Inverted Triangle. These women have broader shoulders and curves and smaller hips. They are generally well-proportioned and without a distinct waistline.
- Triangle. These females have a wider waist and smaller bust. They also tend to have a fuller rear and narrower shoulders.
- Hourglass. An hourglass figure is typically curvy, with a well-defined waistline and even bust and hip measurements.
- Rectangle. Females with rectangular or athletic bodies tend to be thin with proportioned weight. They’re not particularly curvy, and the waist is straight.
One thing that every body shape shares in common is that they are all unique and beautiful.
What if You Don’t Fit One of these Groups?
Not all women fit into one of the above four groups, and that’s okay. We are all different, which is why we love athleisure. Our workout attire is made to fit every shape and size. So know that you can freely to mix and match until you find what looks and feels best.
A bestseller of ours is workout tights. Women love our chic black leggings because they are versatile and accommodate the entire day - work, gym and dinner plans. By choosing the right tights for your body shape, you can enhance your natural silhouette and add confidence to your wardrobe.
We recommend the following tight styles for our customers:
- Inverted Triangle. A mid-rise waist is best for this type of figure. This smooths out the waistline and lengthens the legs. Both ankle tights and crops look bold, but we recommend mesh detailing as opposed to colorful prints and patterns. The Mirage Tight in black is bold and sporty.
- Triangle. One thing we typically hear from women with curvy bodies is that workout tights dig into their waistlines. The best designs have a foldover waist or hit below the belly button. Solid, dark colors like navy blue and black should also be chosen over busy prints. The All Day Tight's paneling adds a twist to this black tight.
- Hourglass. High-rise tights look best on this shape. Thick, high waistbands give a slimming look, while mesh detailing on the sides elongates the legs. While all lengths look great, our favorite is a cropped look (especially our Captain Tight)
- Rectangle. This athletic shape is probably the most versatile of the bunch. Aim for bright colors and patterns that add a dash of personality. Choose tights that come below the belly button to make the body appear more curved. For the summer, give the Captain Ankle Tight in Tropic a try.
For a great selection of leggings for every body shape and size, shop with Alala today.